It's about to get 3-D! The video shows your class how to expand the midpoint formula to find the midpoint of a three-dimensional segment. The example shown calculates the midpoint using the x-, y-, and z-coordinates.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use as a challenge for upper-level pupils when studying midpoint
- Have your classes graph the segments on a three-dimensional coordinate plane to verify the midpoint coordinates
- Best if used after learners have had experience with finding midpoints of two-dimentional segments
- Instruction is clear and easy to follow
- Instructor does not use visuals to demonstrate what is meant by a three-dimensional segment