This Linear Systems with Addition and Subtraction: Fill in the Boxes 2 interactive also includes:
Systematically combine shapes to arrive at one solution. The resource models a system of linear equations using colored shapes. Pupils follow rules to combine circles and squares to add the two equations together, resulting in one equation with one variable. Learners use the value of the one variable to find the complete system's solution.
- Show the class how they can write the solution of a system of equations as an ordered pair
- The interactive is the second of two that use the same procedure to model solving systems of equations
- Users need to sign up for a free CK-12 login
- Allows students to view the correct answer
- Uses colors to distinguish between the variables and the constant terms