This Linear Systems with Addition and Subtraction: XYZ Tiles interactive also includes:
Cover it up to reveal the values of variables. Using arrangements of colored tiles representing algebraic expressions, pupils layer them over each other to determine the values of variables. The procedure models the elimination method in solving linear systems.
- Have class members write the equations that result from layering the tiles
- The class should be familiar with solving systems of linear equations with two variables
- Requires signing up for a free account to access the interactive
- Provides hints on how to get started
- Shows the correct answer if students give the wrong one
- The different colors of the layers are not always visible