This Listen to the Music worksheet also includes:
Different pieces of music can elicit different emotions from audience members. A quick tempo can make you feel happy, while a largo piece may bring out a melancholy temperament. Elementary musicians learn more about the instruments and composers of a particular piece of classical music, and describe how they feel as listeners.
- Have class members work on the activity during a computer lab day or in a listening station with tablets
- Include in a homework packet when discussing classical music in social studies
- Encourage learners to choose their favorite piece of music and to base a more extensive research project on their chosen piece's composer
- Requires access to the internet and audio equipment; however, worksheet can be completed with pre-selected musical clips from a CD or other recording
- One-page format makes it easy to copy and distribute
- Includes a technological aspect that will engage learners of all skill levels