This Listening lesson plan also includes:
Young scholars boost communication skills with a instructional activity that explores what it looks like to listen with the whole body. Through modeling and practice, pupils observe what it looks like and then practice. A friendly game of "Simon Says" puts their listening ears to the test.
- Copy and laminate the ears, adhere them to popsicles sticks or a headband, and prompt learners to put on their "listening ears"
- Go over the Wholebody Listening Chart and display it in your classroom; send it home for additional support
- Preparation requires copy making
- The first of 12 social-emotional learning lessons
- The resource comes with extensions in several subjects
- The lesson plan is detailed and easy to follow
- Increases the relationship skills social-emotional learning competency
- The font on the Wholebody Listening Chart may be difficult to read