In this comprehension exercise, readers compare Carl Sandburg's "Chicago" to a description of the city from Upton's Sinclair's The Jungle.
1 Collection 33 Views 27 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- The exercise can be used to model for readers how to analyze the impact that specific words and phrases have on the meaning and tone of a passage, or as an assessment of these skills
- The exercise can also be used as prep for the AP English Language exam
- The exercise assumes readers have experience analyzing the effects of syntax and diction on meaning
- Designed to meet Common Core standards, exercise is appropriate for readers with strong comprehension skills
- An answer sheet is included