This Literature Circle Preparation printable & template also includes:
The secret to a successful literature circle discussion is preparation. Readers prepare for such a discussion by completing a two-page worksheet that asks them to summarize the text, record new words, ask and answer questions, and draw a picture of something they find important about the story. A very handy resource.
- Have groups combine their new word lists and build a dictionary for books being read
- Post the illustrations with a copy of the book cover
- Offers readers an opportunity to practice writing summaries
- Readers build their own vocabulary lists
- The illustration requirement encourages readers to visualize