This Literature Circles worksheet also includes:
Get learners excited about reading with literature circles! Small groups discuss the day's reading in various roles, including Discussion Director, Summarizer, Word Wizard, Literary Luminary, Travel Tracer, Connector, and Fact Finder, before analyzing their own participation and understanding.
- Encourage class members to take on different roles throughout the year
- Use for both literature and informational text, choosing the roles most helpful for each format
- The lesson plan specifies four roles in each group, but the rest of the packet provides more options; choose the roles that are most relevant and appropriate for your curriculum
- Provides an implementation guide based on skill level
- Resource is easily adaptable and can be supplemented at any grade level
- Prompts self-reflection in the discussion process