This Lives of Stars lesson plan also includes:
Stars exist from a few million years to over 10 billion years, depending on their mass. Scholars perform a play acting as stars to learn about their different life cycles. They develop an understanding of many of the fundamental concepts in astronomy as the lesson highlights red, yellow, and blue stars throughout.
- The day of the lesson, post photos of star fields with multiple colors of stars
- Requires one hour if completed quickly; to save time, assign some questions as homework
- Relies on prior knowledge of all related vocabulary and scientific notation
- Includes questions at two different levels for differentiation
- Roles range from many lines to only a few, so teachers can group students according to ability