This Living the Dream: 100 Acts of Kindness lesson plan also includes:
Inspire kindness in and out of school with a lesson that challenges scholars to perform 100 acts of kindness during the time between Martin Luther King Jr. Day to Valentine's day. Leading up to a celebration of friendship, learners brainstorm, look out for, and record acts of kindness, write thank you notes, and conduct a service learning project.
1 Collection 230 Views 135 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Create "Caught Being Kind" cards or stickers that learners can hand out to those they witness doing a kind deed
- Invite families to join the Valentine's Day celebration
- Continue to encourage kindness after the lesson concludes
- Pupils should have background knowledge of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Requires a variety of materials, including books featuring Martin Luther King Jr., a scrapbook, and party supplies
- Creates a school-family connection with parent and guardian support
- Adaptable to anytime of the school year
- Lesson tabs make for easy navigation
- Lists links to lesson plans that provide the background knowledge class members need for successful lesson completion
Start Your Free Trial
Save time and discover engaging curriculum for your classroom. Reviewed and rated by trusted, credentialed teachers.Try It Free