This London 1: Piece by Piece video also includes:
How has London changed since the time of Shakespeare? Using a video and series of activities, part of the Shakespeare English Exercises series, English language learners discover a bit about the town that inspired Shakespeare's plays. Tasks focus on ordering details and using adjectives to describe towns and cities.
- Share artistic renderings of the places Shakespeare frequented with the class
- Look at a diagram of The Globe, where actors performed many of Shakespeare's plays
- PDF files are available of the transcript and activities
- Filmed on location in London to give more of an authentic feel
- Combines different styles of activities, such as drag-and-drop questions and discussion
- Clip ends somewhat abruptly