All kids learn differently. For some, mental math is the best and most efficient way to add a series of numbers. After viewing a few sample problems, learners find ways to add numbers to 10 before adding them all together, and then write about how they completed the problems.
- A good assignment for a language arts center or small group
- Have kids write about if this strategy is the best way for them to learn how to add numbers together
- Use when discussing additional ways to add, including other mental math strategies
- Promotes different and varied learning styles
- Encourages kids to think critically about their problem solving styles