This Lost Hero: Was John Hanson Actually the First President? lesson plan also includes:
The first president of the United States was ... John Hanson? Scholars investigate the notion that the initial leader of the nation was not George Washington. Using research, articles, and open discussion, individuals create a quest for clues to determine exactly who was the first true President of the United States.
- Debate who was the first president (Washington or Hanson)
- Extend lesson with investigations into current thoughts on John Hanson as the first president
- Online access needed for additional work outside of class
- Ffinal lesson of a three-part series on lost heroes of America
- Resource provides multiple online links to articles and resources
- Lesson includes printable worksheets and materials