How do you plan to approach standard LS1C, Organization for Matter and Energy Flow in Organisms? Avoid information overload with helpful advice in a short video. Topics include energy sources, relationships between organisms, and cellular processes that facilitate the flow of energy within organisms.
- Use the gameplan in the video to ensure you provide adequate information on this broad topic, but don't overload the class with too much detail
- Watch the resource with your department, then collaborate on ways to implement the suggested topics and scenarios
- Ensure that you've covered characteristics of life before embarking upon the standard
- Narrator gives clear stopping points at each grade level to ensure students don't receive too many details that could distract them from the main ideas of the standard
- The resource makes planning simple and step-by-step in terms of outlining the basics pupils must master