Everybody needs somebody... especially in nature! Show your young ecologists the finer points of NGSS standard LS2A, Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems, using the helpful ideas in the video. The narrator discusses the foundational ideas within the standard and covers how to present them to teachers in all grades.
- Watch the video before planning this unit to ensure your content is in line with the expectations for your grade level
- The BECPO acronym is a must-steal for your lesson on organization levels from organism to biosphere
- Students must know a little about ecosystems, plants, and animals to begin incorporating the relationships in the standard into what they know
- The narrator breaks the standard down into age-appropriate chunks to help you see what learners need to master for their grade levels
- Resource contains great suggestions for illustrating animal relationships, such as mutualism