Produce, consume, decompose...repeat! Examine how matter and energy cycles in ecosystems by watching a video discussing NGSS standard LS2B. The narrator explains the requirements of the standard at each grade level, plus gives tips to ensure pupils of every age achieve mastery.
- Use the resource to continue planning an ecology unit, combining LS2A and LS2B
- Take the idea of showing images and having pupils identify living and non-living things and use this as an opener each day of the unit
- Students should have mastered aspects of standard LS2A before beginning the finer details of this standard
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Narrator shows how to create a clear path from the basic symbiotic relationships to more elaborate food webs
- The resource blends prior knowledge of photosynthesis into the matter and energy transfer cycles that are the focus of the standard