Construct an inheritance unit that's pure gene-ius! Untangle the vast amount of information found in standard LS3A, Inheritance of Traits. The video shows examples and scenarios suited for all age and ability levels, as well as helpful strategies for helping your class get a handle on genetic vocabulary.
- Use the step-by-step guidelines to ensure pupils understand the relationship between genes, chromosomes, and DNA
- New to the standard, or the classroom itself? Let the video help you plan a well-rounded unit
- Younger learners can still master the basics of the standard using similarities between parents and offspring, without extensive genetic knowledge
- Resource maps out the progression of the standard throughout the grades, making it easy to follow
- The narrator includes the concept of nature versus nurture with great scenarios for upper grades