This Lucky Brand Genes: Genetic Traits lesson plan also includes:
Explore single-gene traits in humans. After viewing a video introducing genetic vocabulary, individuals identify their phenotype and possible genotypes of specific traits. They consider both dominant and recessive traits. This is the ninth installment in a series of 17.
- Record new vocabulary and examples in a graphic organizer such as a Frayer diagram
- Have pupils interview one adult to determine that person's single-gene traits
- Lesson contains a large amount of vocabulary, which may be overwhelming to ELLs
- Highlights vocabulary with definitions and examples
- Includes all necessary student handouts and answer keys