Why Lesson Planet?
Help your young scientists learn which materials are affected by magnetic fields with an activity that presents the information about different types of materials — diamagnetic, paramagnetic, and ferromagnetic — and their interaction with a magnetic field. As homework, pupils measure that interaction.
- Create additional examples that the class can work together
- Have an MRI technician come and talk to the class about the types of materials allowed around an MRI machine, and the types of materials used to assist with the imaging
- The class should be familiar with how to calculate magnetic fields
- The 13th installment in a 14-part series
- The answer key shows the calculations required
- The background information for teachers provides the concept knowledge needed to create a presentation
- The plan does not outline the instructional method to use to introduce the material to the class
- Magnets in Matter Homework
- Magnets in Matter Homework Answers