This Magnetic Fluids activity & project also includes:
Teams work as material engineers to create ferrofluids, whose shape is influenced by magnetic fields. The activity, which is the fourth in the six-part series, has the teams create magnetic ink and use it to write, testing it with a magnet afterward. The groups continue to observe the fluid with and without the influence of a magnet and document their observations.
- Research some uses of magnetic fluids
- The class should have a basic introduction to nanotechnology, characteristics, and applications
- Activity requires several materials and scientific equipment
- Provides step-by-step instructions
- The materials list gives suggestions on where you can find certain materials