Magnetic micro-robots aren't just really cool, they have some potential practical purposes. An episode from the Veritasium introduces learners to the micro-robots and their possible future roles in biomedicine. Actual footage of the micro-robots gives scholars a firsthand look at their capabilities.
- Follow the lesson with a lab exploration on magnets and magnetic fields
- After viewing the video, have pupils give ideas for practical purposes of the magnetic micro-robot
- Learners should have a strong understanding of magnetic fields prior to the lesson
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides demonstrations of actual magnetic micro-robots movement
- Interviews scientists that work and experiment with the robots