Why Lesson Planet?
The capstone instructional activity in a 14-part series focuses on the basics of magnetic resonance imaging and the hardware of the machines. Pupils use this information and the material learned throughout the unit to develop a presentation on safety factors of MRIs and how they work.
- Invite staff members from the local hospital to attend the presentations
- Divide students into small groups to develop their projects
- The time allotted for presentations and the number of groups could cause the lesson to take several days
- The resource has the pupils assimilate the previous nine lessons
- More detailed information on the operation of an MRI is available at the listed website
- The FDA document has been removed from its website
- Grand Challenge Project
- Go Public Grading