The compass was first used in 206 B.C., but we didn't discover magnetic poles until 1263 A.D. Presentation begins with the history of magnetism before continuing on to magnetic fields, magnetic forces, electromagnets, currents, generators, and more. Presentation is the last in a series of 17.
- Create a timeline of the history of magnetism
- Have students build an electromagnet during class
- Requires advanced math knowledge, such as multiplying vectors
- Highlights formulas throughout
- Includes easily understood diagrams
- Some links are broken