This Magnetism and Electromagnetism presentation also includes:
The biggest magnet in the world is at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico and can reach 100 tesla. By comparison, magnets that lift cars are about two tesla. The 11th presentation in this series covers magnetism, focusing on poles, attraction, and repulsion, and then moves on to electromagnetism. It also touches on conduction and insulation.
- Let pupils explore magnets and create their own
- Use the presentation template to teach the lesson; save the video for absent students or for a substitute teacher
- Best fits as an introduction to magnets and electromagnets
- Includes seven review worksheets to help pupils retain information from the lesson, as well as an instructional video
- Narrator recorded the audio track at a loud sporting event, so there is a lot of background noise which is distracting