How do you demonstrate radio transmissions? Pupils build a low-energy radio transmitter by constructing two coils from magnet wire and connecting them to audio/phone plugs. The resource provides the details on how to build the coils. Plug one coil into a CD player and the other into an audio amplifier to transmit the radio waves over a short distance.
- Place different materials between the coils to see if they affect transmission
- Have the class research other uses for radio transmitters
- Test the transmitters to ensure there is no interferrence from other electronics in the classroom
- A photograph shows what the transmitter should look like when finished
- The resource does not contain any information about what to expect out of the exercise