This Making a Liquid Crystal Thermometer lesson plan also includes:
Introduce your classes to a fourth state of matter! Liquid crystals have a colorful sheen that changes based on different physical factors. Learners use this information to create a liquid crystal thermometer where the color of the crystal indicates the temperature.
- Introduce the lesson by providing physical examples of liquid crystals
- Allow time for preparation of necessary materials
- Expects a solid understanding of the three states of matter
- Provides important background information
- Includes an extension exercise