Why Lesson Planet?
Introduce your youngsters to -ig words with this mini-book that breaks the words into onsets and rimes. As kids read, trace letters, and pronounce each word, they get the chance to watch a big pig put on a wig and dig! (PS: The pig is also a pirate.)
- Set up stations in your class: one for putting the book together, one for coloring and tracing, and one for reading the book out loud
- Pair this with other materials that cover onsets and rimes and word families
- The instructions mention a collection of little books, but only the one sample is provided
- Each word is paired with a silly illustration
- Includes instructions for how how to put the books together
- The -ig words are added in gradually to scaffold the material