This Making a Ten activities & project also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
An addition table supports third graders as they learn strategies to improve their math fluency. When finding sums greater than ten, students are taught how to first make a ten and then add on the rest. A similar method is also introduced for adding nine to a single-digit number. Use as a guided practice activity, modeling each approach for the class before allowing them time to work independently.
- Includes examples that demonstrate each addition strategy
- Activity helps to build fluency with addition
- Includes an addition table to support success with learning objectives
- Does not offer differentiation to support all learners