How can you tell what is going to happen next in a story? Learn to make predictions with five sections of stories. Kids read the beginning, and then write what they believe will happen next. Additionally, they provide evidence for their predictions.
- Add to a homework packet or literacy center
- Have kids write a larger portion of the story based on their predictions
- Do the same activity with text from kids' novels or short stories that they are reading in class
- Passages have long paragraphs, which might be hard for struggling readers to follow
- Fosters critical reading skills as well as inference skills
- Each passage provides details for kids to use as they make their predictions