This Making Sense of Irrational Numbers video also includes:
Non-terminating. Non-recurring decimal. Irrational numbers. Proof by Contradiction? Root 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8. Don't be afraid to explore the impossible and check out this short video that offers a rational explanation of irrational numbers.
4 Views 4 Downloads
- Flip the lesson having class members watch the video, complete the comprehension check, and research some of the links, before returning for a full class discussion
- Have individuals create their own irrational number
- The video presumes viewers are familiar with the concepts of square root, pi, and rational numbers
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related resources and a discussion questions
- Give the sophistication of the explanations, the video is most appropriate for more advanced math classes