This Malachi's Medication handout & reference also includes:
What's in a prescription medicine label? After learners practice measuring out Malachi's prescribed dosage for his medication, they collaboratively discuss and explain why it is important to measure out medication with the proper measuring tools. Young pharmacists then identify the parts of a medication label by independently completing a worksheet.
- Use the extension activity that investigates vitamin overdoses, and have learners research recommended vitamin intake, foods high in certain vitamins, and the effects of vitamin overdose
- Create a Venn diagram to compare prescription medicines to over-the-counter (OTC) medicines
- Show examples of various measuring devices such as a dropper, spoon, or measuring cup
- Set up the lab prior to beginning the lesson
- The lesson comes with background information for teachers, worksheets, and lab procedures
- Aligns to National Health Standards