This Managing Change unit also includes:
Learning to embrace the opportunities and challenges change presents is the focus of the exercises and activities in this fifth session of a 10-lesson course on Social, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive and Spiritual (SPECS) health. The various activities encourage individuals to take personal responsibility for the changes in their lives and to develop tactics to deal with difficult situations.
- Many of the worksheets and the journal are used in multiple sessions; therefore, have class members create a special folder for these materials and have them bring this folder to each class session
- Mount a poster of the Serenity Prayer in the classroom
- The series presumes that a protocol has been established that permits a safe and respectful discussion of highly-charged issues
- The six-page packet includes worksheets, journal prompts, and detailed directions for the activities
- The labeling of the handouts may prove confusing since they have both a resource number and an activity number