This Managing Influences and Making Decisions unit also includes:
Internal and external factors influence behavior and decision making. The third session in a 10-lesson series focusing on Social, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive and Spiritual (SPECS) health explores the impact of these factors and provides models for critically and creatively managing behavior and decision making.
- Many of the worksheets and the journal are used in multiple sessions and multiple years; therefore, have class members create a special folder for these materials and have them bring it to each class session
- The series presumes that a protocol has been established that permits a safe and respectful discussion of highly-charged issues
- The series revisits lessons from the previous years and requires class members to use information sheets provided in those courses
- The 11-page packet includes an overview of the purpose of the activities, journal prompts, and scenarios that permit class members to practice using creative approaches to decision making
- The labeling of the handouts may prove confusing since they have both a resource number and an activity number