This Manduca sexta Wax Model lesson plan also includes:
Caterpillars' and moths' most obvious change is physical, but what happens to their nervous systems as they complete metamorphosis? Through a hands-on investigation, young scholars construct the nervous system of a caterpillar. They then deconstruct their model to create the nervous system of the moth.
- Create a graphic organizer for pupils to complete showing the different needs and abilities of moths and caterpillars
- Expects a basic understanding of the anatomy of the nervous system
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up prior to the activity
- Lesson includes all handouts and a detailed teacher guide
- Includes links to important background information