Why Lesson Planet?
To go or to not to go — the question for a mission to Mars. This resource provides details for a possible manned mission to Mars. Details include a launch schedule, what life would be like on the surface, and how the astronauts would return. The information looks at the risks that are involved in such a mission.
- Allow the class to research the current plan to put man on Mars and have them compare it to past plans
- Create an art gallery of artists' conceptions of different aspects of a manned mission to Mars
- Timelines and procedures for a manned mission to Mars may have changed since 2004
- The 12th installment in a 13-part series
- The lesson plan provides a list of learning objectives
- The summary assessment suggestion involves a debate where the class will have to do more research about the benefits of space travel and exploration
- The plan does not provide clear directions for teachers