This Map of Computer Science video also includes:
Like all other sciences, computer science has many branches. An informative video provides a brief overview of computer science. It breaks the discipline into three major areas: theoretical computer science, computer engineering, and applications.
- Stream the video on the first day of a computer science course
- Provide cloze notes for viewers to complete as they watch the video
- Note that the video briefly mentions some high-level math concepts, such as calculus and graph theory
- Animations are basic but help with understanding
- Cool graphic organizer summarizing computer science
- Excludes some important computer science concepts, such as cybersecurity and hacking