This Mapp v. Ohio lesson plan also includes:
Do you have a search warrant? Scholars investigate the concept of illegal search and seizure through the eyes of the Supreme Court case Mapp v. Ohio. A short video clip along with paired group work opens discussion on the concept of how police gather evidence legally while following the Fourth Amendment.
- Preview the lesson with a background reading on the Mapp v Ohio court case
- Invite a local police officer as a guest speaker to address proper search procedures under the law
- Video technology needed if assigning as homework
- Contains detailed lesson plans for teacher instruction
- Provides printable viewing guides for use during the video clip