This Mapping Greenhouse Gas Emissions Where You Live lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
After investigating the US Environmental Protection Agency's climate change website, your environmental studies young scholars discuss greenhouse gas emissions. They use an online interactive tool to look at data from power production facilities. They can look specifically at the facilities near their homes to find out the types and amounts of greenhouse gases emitted. Use this real-world data analysis to stimulate discussion about what facilities might do to lessen their environmental impact and contribution to global warming.
- Links to many outstanding resources produced by the US Environmental Protection Agency
- Includes a homework assignment in which learners use a carbon dioxide calculator
- Supports Next Generation Science Standards
- Increases awareness of human impact on the environment