This Marc Chagall / Magic Realism lesson plan also includes:
Surrealistic painters like Marc Chagall and Wendy Rouse show viewers an expansive world in a small area. Young artists have a opportunity to create their own surrealistic paintings in response to a study of works by Chagall and Rouse.
55 Views 36 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a gallery of Chagall's and Rouse's paintings and add the works of class members at the end of the unit
- Requires art supplies including white paper or stretched canvases, sketching pencils, tempera points, paintbrushes, and water containers
- Includes a list of the National Standards for Visual Arts addressed by the lesson
- The four-page resource includes vocabulary and materials lists, the 3-day plan, discussion questions, and a rubric for the project
- Neither a suggested list of Chagall's paintings nor a link to his works is provided