This Margie Buys Apples activity & project also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
One of the most common, everyday applications of math is dealing with money. This single problem calculating how much change Margie receives is more involved than it appears at first glance. An understanding of how fractions and decimals relate to dollars and cents is essential as values are multiplied and subtracted. A great practice problem or short assessment to supplement your unit on fractions and decimals.
- Problem requires a multiple-step solution
- Involves the conversion between dollars and cents using fractions and/or decimals
- Provides a real-life context for applying math
- Only a single word problem is included on the worksheet