This Marie Curie and Spooky Rays: Crash Course History of Science #31 video also includes:
Marie Curie overcame limitations to become the first person to win two Nobel Prizes. A video presentation outlines her work and discoveries in radioactivity. The narrator gives a timeline of her achievements as she sacrificed her own well-being to help others.
- Include during a unit on the history of physics discoveries
- Have learners research historical scientists including Marie Curie
- Expects an understanding of subatomic particles
- The lesson is the 31st in a series on the history of science
- Offers the option of closed captioning to assist with note taking
- Explains both the challenges and accomplishments of the scientists