This Marina Pisklakova: Domestic Violence activity & project also includes:
After reading Article 3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and discussing background material about domestic violence, class members create a map showing where in their community survivors of domestic violence can get help and investigate the services offered by these organizations.
- Carefully preview all the materials in the packet before deciding to use the resource with your classes
- Research your school's policies on discussions of this subject; many districts require parental consent before conducting lessons on this and related topics
- The resource suggests that instructor have available the "names and contact details of community programs" available to support "individuals affected by domestic violence"
- A safe classroom environment must be established for discussions of this type
- Of particular value is the list of behaviors that can be considered domestic violence
- The focus of the activities is on investigating services and supporting local organizations
- The packet provides little information on how instructors should prepare for the activities