This Marine Ramp activity & project also includes:
Boat ramps move with waves and changes in water level. Scholars decide on the proper length for a ramp so the angle connecting both sides is appropriate. They visualize the situation and use a simulation to view the results with their answers.
3 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Measure the angle of ramps near you to see what is considered appropriate
- Research the ADA requirements for ramp angles
- Relies on prior knowledge of meters and right triangles
- Works well in a traditional or flipped classroom
- Lesson easily extends into physics and engineering concepts