A great way to connect social studies with language arts, a resource on Mary Henry's historical diary reinforces the concepts of primary and secondary sources. It comes with an easy-to-understand lesson plan, as well as the reference documents and worksheets necessary for completing the activity.
- Pair with a history unit on the Civil War, or a novel set during the same era
- Work into your lessons on primary and secondary sources
- Use the resource when learning about the Smithsonian
- Comes with a thorough explanation of primary sources and secondary sources
- Provides both pictures and transcripts of Mary Henry's diary entry