This Mass vs. Weight activity & project also includes:
Why do you weigh more in space? Each individual in your class explores this question and others as they determine the mass and weight of different objects using two types of scales. They perform conversions and discuss their results, along with researching mass, weight, and gravity, in a class-wide conversation.
- Research the effects of mass and weight on places without gravity, such as the Moon or other planets, and how this affects daily activities like eating
- Help individuals with conversions to Newtons or grams
- Assist individuals with any needed research to complete all parts of this activity
- Offers the ability to modify or expand the lesson
- Materials used do not require extensive cleanup and may be recycled each year