We are living in a material world. But how do we improve materials that have already been invented? Watch material scientists make current materials better and see how cell phone glass evolved from its once easy-to-break form to the sturdier glass used now.
- Brainstorm modern materials and the ways they can be improved, allow learners to share why they chose those materials and how this improvement would benefit us today
- Create a flipped classroom assignment; give each class member the video link to watch at home, then discuss information gained when they return to school
- This video is part of a series designed to educate elementary and middle school scholars about properties of matter; to view more videos on the subject, click on the links that appear at the end
- Friendly animation, exciting graphics, sound effects, and youth oriented jokes make this video highly engaging
- Academic vocabulary is thoroughly defined with visual aids that highlight key details
- The host is a fast talker; be sure to pause or replay as necessary