This Materials Lab interactive also includes:
Why is wood good for building houses, but not the best choice for high-rise apartments? Future materials scientists put building materials to the test using a hands-on interactive. Pupils pull and push on substances such as reinforced concrete and cast iron, then compare them in terms of compression, tension, and cost.
- Make the interactive a pre-lesson to a building project where learners must choose their own materials
- Have the class rank each material in terms of strength by analyzing the data
- Plan plenty of time for individuals to get online and use the resource
- A nice selection of common materials makes the interactive practical and useful
- Information about each material is neatly tabbed and easy to analyze