Take a different view at matrix multiplication. Based on vector transformations, the video presents matrix multiplication as the result of the composition of multiple linear transformations. The presentation explains the numerical computations made in matrix multiplication as opposed to providing a rote process.
- Give class members transformations and have them first determine what the transformation looks like before performing the computation to determine the product of the matrices
- The class should understand function composition
- Individuals need to know how to represent a transformation of a vector as matrix vector multiplication
- Provides a review of the previous concept at the beginning
- Contains multiple representations of the concepts