This May the Force Be with You: Weight lesson plan also includes:
Too much material will weigh you down. The sixth segment in a series of 22 highlights how weight affects a plane. Pupils learn that engineers take the properties of materials, including weight, when designing something.
12 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Research materials people use to construct planes
- Bring in several types of materials with the same dimensions and compare the weights
- Assumes the class knows the four forces acting upon an airplane
- Provides assessment questions to use before, during, and after the lesson
- Includes suggestions for extending the lesson