Why Lesson Planet?
Class members use mathematics in order to better understand magnetic forces and their interaction on charged particles. After a demonstration of the interaction between a magnet and an electron beam using a CRT computer monitor, learners tackle example problems relating to magnetic fields and particle motion.
- Divide the class into groups and have them research and present information on the magnetic force on a charged particle, the motion of a charged particle in a magnetic field, and the magnetic force on a current carrying wire
- To demonstrate the deflection of an electron beam, you will need to find an old CRT computer monitor
- The class should be familiar with multiplying with vectors
- The third of a 14-part series
- The lesson plan includes a set of homework problems and a quiz
- The answer keys show the work needed to arrive at the answer
- The lesson plan provides lecture information but does not lay out the lecture for the teacher
- Magnetic Force Homework
- Magnetic Force Homework Solutions
- Magnetic Fields and Forces Quiz
- Magnetic Fields and Forces Quiz - Answers